Medical disinfection moisture wipes are commonly used disinfection tools in medical institutions, mainly used for wiping and disinfecting the surface of objects in key departments such as intensive care, treatment carts, blood dialysis machines, ventilators, postoperative operating tables, and so on. Compared with ordinary moisture wipes, disinfection moisture wipes have the advantages of low corrosion, low irritation, long moisturizing time, and good bactericidal effect. We can also prepare some disinfection moisture wipes in our daily life, paying attention to the targeted spectrum of the moisture wipes, humidity, material, and shelf life. Let's learn about medical disinfection moisture wipes below.
(1) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of objects such as bedheads and bedding units in key departments such as ICU, neonatal ICU, burn ward, and blood dialysis center.
(2) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of objects in the treatment room of the ward.
(3) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of the treatment cart.
(4) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment such as blood dialysis machines and ventilators.
(5) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of the dental treatment unit.
(6) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of neonatal incubators and hyperbaric oxygen chambers.
(7) Wiping and disinfecting the inspection and packaging worktable in the supply room.
(8) Using safety disinfection moisture wipes for wiping and disinfecting the surface of postoperative operating tables, instrument and equipment surfaces, surrounding work surfaces, and related object surfaces.
(9) Wiping and disinfecting the surface of other general objects.
It is ready-to-use, saves manpower, and has good compliance. There is no need to spend time preparing solutions or cleaning cloths, nor is there a need to remove residual disinfectants. Cleaning and disinfection can be completed in one step. Currently, commonly used disinfection moisture wipes mainly contain quaternary ammonium salt, low-concentration alcohol, and biocides. Compared with commonly used chlorine-containing disinfectants, they have the advantages of low corrosion, low irritation, long moisturizing time (up to 10 minutes), good bactericidal effect, and better compatibility with equipment. The use of disinfection moisture wipes can prevent the mismatching of disinfection solution and reduce cross-infection caused by repeated use of cloths that have been soaked in disinfectant during the cleaning and disinfection process.
(1) The spectrum of bactericidal effect should be targeted. Check the relevant testing reports of the product. If the test results show that the product can kill Staphylococcus aureus, it can only be concluded that the product is effective against Staphylococcus aureus, rather than all gram-positive bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus.
(2) The humidity should reach 0.6g/cm2. This means that the area of the surface disinfected by the moisture wipe is relatively large.
(3) The material should be good. The material should not only be comfortable to the touch, but also should not hinder the release of disinfectant factors. If the material is poor, it is easy to leave only water instead of disinfectant factors during the wiping process.
(4) Pay attention to the shelf life. The shelf life of ordinary moisture wipes is usually between 6 months and 3 years, while the shelf life of medical safety disinfection moisture wipes is about 2 years. Pay attention to the shelf life of disinfection moisture wipes. Once they expire, they will lose their bactericidal and disinfection functions.